Shelly Marie Redmond has both a keto AND low-net carb taco Tuesday night for you and your family! With only three ingredients and your favorite taco toppings, you can easily switch taco night from stovetop to slow cooker with this recipe to keep the temperature of your kitchen down!
We love using the Slow Cooker (or crock-pot as some call it) in our kitchen. The slow cooker is easy to use, safe (no open flame), and energy-efficient. Slow cookers consume as little as 150 watts per hour at a low setting and cut electricity cost for cooking by half (yes, I love to save money!). Slow cookers range in tons of shapes and sizes, but my slow cooker is a 6-quart Crock-Pot®.
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast
- 1 16 oz. jar of salsa (look for 3 grams of carbs or less per serving)*
- 8 Mission Carb Balance Wraps (high fiber), Siete wraps (gluten-free), Lettuce (keto)
- Optional toppings: light sour cream, 2% shredded cheddar cheese, pico, jalapeños, cilantro
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine chicken breast and salsa in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Serve on your wrap of choice!
- Top with various toppings.
Yield: 8 wraps.
Need some inspiration for excellent vegetable side dishes? Check out how we used the Air Fryer (and saved money) in our Air Fryer as we made this yummy Air Fryer Broccoli:
The recipe was developed by Shelly Marie Redmond, MS, RD, LDN. She is the creator of the KLA Kitchen – a clinic devoted to ketogenic, low-carb, and anti-inflammatory eating. She is the author of the Skinny Louisiana series and is the co-founder of the Migraine and Anti-Inflammatory Institute of the South opening late summer 2020.