By: Shelly Marie Redmond, MS, RD, LDN – Culinary Dietitian
Why use the slow cooker?
We love using the slow cooker in the Skinny Louisiana kitchen. Not only is the slow cooker easy to use, it is safe (no open flame), and energy efficient. Slow cookers consume as little as 150 watts per hour at a low setting and cut electricity cost for cooking by half.
- 2, 8oz pkg cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp Tony Chachere’s Spice N Herbs
- 1 lb. Louisiana crawfish, cooked, peeled and deveined
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT CRAWFISH into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours.
- Remove lid. Turn slow cooker to ‘keep warm.’ Add crawfish.
- Keep warm for 30 minutes.
- Serve with Epic Pork Rinds.
Nutrition Facts: (1/3 cup): Calories: 101, Fat: 8.4g, Saturated Fat: 5.2g, Cholesterol: 56.7, Sodium: 263mg, Carbs: 3.2f, Fiber: 0.6g, Net Carbs: 2.6g, Protein: 6.1g.
NET CARBS: 2.6g