Severe storms are hitting our service area. If your electric service is interrupted, you can be sure that we will make every effort to restore service as quickly and safely as possible. You may report your outage to 1-888-218-3919 at any time, or online at SWEPCO.com. Sign up for mobile outage updates to receive texts or emails about your home at SWEPCO.com/Alerts.
SWEPCO’S Plan of Action
- All crews and equipment are prepared for immediate action.
- Priority service is set up for hospitals and other emergency uses.
What You Can Do
- Have emergency lighting devices ready.
- Put perishable foods in freezer if possible. Keep freezer door closed.
- Find out where you can get dry ice to put in your refrigerator or freezer.
- Have fresh batteries on hand for flashlights and radios.
If Your Power Goes Out
- Before calling SWEPCO, make sure all fuses and breakers are working properly in your home.
- Remember, if your neighbor’s lights are on, and you are without power, they may be on a different circuit, or your trouble may be isolated to the transformer serving only your home.
- You may report your outage to 1-888-218-3919 at any time, or online at SWEPCO.com.
- If you see a broken or burning wire, call SWEPCO, the fire department or police immediately. Avoid any tree or tree limb which is contacting a power line.
- Stay away from the downed lines and keep others away.